We all know that Youtube has pretty much become the go to place for artists to find beats. While that is all good and great, there are better ways to go about the beat searching process. In this blog, we will discuss the top 10 reasons why artists should go to sites like Beatstars, Airbit and Soundgine to find beats.
- Marketplace: Beatstars, Airbit and Soundgine all have marketplaces that showcase the beats of all the producers that subscribe to their respective services. The marketplaces all have very search friendly features such as: genre, mood, bpm, type beats, or search by producer. Youtube will not offer search functionality as extensive as this.
- Charts: If brand names are important to you, or you just want to know what producers and types of beats that are selling the most, Beatstars, Airbit and Soundgine all have charting systems available that may assist you in making your decision.
- Engagement: As far as I’ve seen, all 3 beat stores have platforms that allow artists to engage directly with producers. Maybe you didn’t find exactly what you were looking for in the marketplace but you like the sound of a particular producer and want to have him/her create a custom beat for you? On these platforms you can get in direct contact with the producer and share ideas on exactly how you’d like your track to sound.
- Collaboration: With Beatstars, you can actually create an artist profile that would allow you to collaborate with a producer on a song, release it and get paid automatically via Paypal. Airbit and Soundgine also have a collaboration feature but it is limited to producers collaborating with each other.
- Record Labels: Record labels receive regular newsletters and email updates from all 3 of the major beat stores letting them know about the latest and greatest beats. If labels look for beats there, why wouldn’t you?
- FREE BEATS: Many of the producers on all 3 platforms offer a free beat incentive for signing up to their email lists. If you are budget constrained, there is no better deal than “free”. Unlike searching on Youtube where the results will pull up a bunch of irrelevant info, when you go directly to the site where the producers are, you get exactly what you are looking for and each of these beat stores will point you right to the direction of the freebies.
- Bulk Discounts: Most producers on all 3 platforms also offer “bulk discounts” such as buy 1 beat, get 1 beat free. Some offer buy 2 beats get 5 free options. Again, if you are budget constrained, this is the way to go. If paying $29.99 for an MP3 lease seems a little steep, then getting 2 or more beats for the price of one should ease your troubles.
- Relationships: More and more, artists are starting to see the value of creating a direct, one on one relationship with a single producer. The idea behind this is overall quality and continuity of your project. As you may or may not already know, most successful artists and producers became that way by collaborating with each other and introducing a totally new sound to the world. The cohesiveness of the projects released by artists with a single producer is hard to beat vs. those who just get random beats from everywhere and throw them all on a project. Having a true music partner is priceless and on Beatstars, Airbit, and Soundgine you can do just that.
- Stumble Upon: We all know that at times, we don’t know exactly what we are looking for until we hear it. All 3 of the major beat stores make it very easy to stumble upon a dope beat just by visiting the market place, checking out the charts, or by randomly clicking on a producer’s profile. While you can stumble upon beats on Youtube, you can do that in a much more controlled way on Beatstars, Airbit, and Soundgine. Sometimes you may even stumble upon a dope beat made by a not so popular producer, purchase the lease and enjoy the luxury of that beat being your’s exclusively because no one else has leased it from them. DON’T SLEEP ON THE PRODUCERS THAT DON’T HAVE THE MOST PLAYS BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY HAVE SOME GEMS IN THEIR BEAT STORES.
- Mobile Friendly Websites and Flexible Buying Options: When searching for beats on Youtube, all you’re really doing is finding a beat video that ultimately links you back to one of these beat stores anyway so that you can make your purchase. Why not skip through the chase and go directly to the source? As a beat buyer with access to literally an unlimited number of beats, time is of the essence. You don’t want to have to search a video description to find the link to a beat when you can just click directly on the buy now button because you came straight to the source. Another new feature that is beginning to surface amongst the online beat selling world is subscription based leasing/buying options. This makes it to where you can have access to literally the entire catalog of your favorite producers by paying only a small monthly fee. This is a great option for those looking to do complete albums or mixtapes because you can get it done for a fraction of the cost. Imagine being able to release an album with 10 or more songs on it, anytime you like and all you have to do is pay $14.99 a month to download 3 or more songs as opposed to say $25 – $500 or more for purchasing each of those songs separately? You won’t find that on Youtube right off just by conducting a beat search. Soundgine offers this as a feature for all of their producers however, there are some producers that offer this independently via their websites.
***Please note that Soundcloud and Soundclick were purposely omitted from the article as those sites are not considered as dedicated beat stores.